Hi again, you are probably wondering what have I been up to this past few days? Promised to write something on Monday, and today is Wednesday. I have been busy with school, and other non EVE stuff.
My first task was to set up, and bring online comm. link (VOIP server) for my corporation and alliance. I am a huge fan of Team Speak, but we had an alliance member who paid for Ventrilo server. It would be a shame not to use it since we have it on our disposal. The only problem with it was that Macintosh users could not connect to it. They were getting some kind of a codec error message.
No problem there, one quick change in the configuration of a Ventrilo server and problem fixed. Well, not quite; people with a Macintosh were still getting the same error. At that moment I was thinking that I missed something, and I was right. After changing the codec type you have to restart the server.
For people wondering what codec is our Ventrilo using ATM:
Codec: “Speex”
Format: “16 KHz, 16 bit, 9 Qlty”
Don’t use “GSM 6.10” codec because it’s not working on a Macintosh.
Now that we have Ventrilo up and running, our day to day chatter can continue normally without interruption. Only thing left it to organize channels/rooms. And I’m leaving you with that question.
How are your Ventrilo/TeamSpeak rooms/channels organized? You can leave comments, links to screenshots, tweets etc…
No comments:
Post a Comment